The Transition Readiness Program implements a comprehensive transition and employment assistance program for Marines and their families; the program emphasizes a proactive approach that will enable them to formulate effective post-transition employment, educational, and entrepreneurial goals.
- The Marine for Life Cycle approach allows transitioning Marines to meet Career Readiness Standards through career and educational exploration at the beginning of their military career and at various action points throughout. Marine for Life Cycle services include the "Your Readiness" MarineNet course; PRS, the first action point of the life cycle; and Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS), the final action point of the life cycle. Check out the "Things You Need to Know" and "Things You Need to Do" for each Action Point in your career.
- Personal Readiness Seminar (PRS) is a four hour mandatory training on personal and professional development programs and services, as well financial topics such as banking and financial services, savings and investments, living expenses, understanding debt, and service members' rights. Currently only offered aboard Marine Corps installations.
- The Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS) is a 5-day seminar, which provides transitioning Marines and their families with the resources and tools needed to reach their personal goals. The standardized core curriculum includes: Resilient Transitions, Military Occupation Specialty Crosswalk, Department of Labor Employment Workshop, Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits I and II Briefs, and Financial Planning.
- Career and Advising services on future post-transition employment, education, career technical, and entrepreneurship goals.
- Transition Readiness Training for Unit Transition Coordinators and Commanders. Visit the Transition Readiness Marine & Family Gear Locker for training materials such as the TRP and eForm. As this is a secure intranet portal, you must first register for access, which will take 1-2 business days to be granted.
Check out the Marine For Life Cycle for "Things You Need to Know" and "Things You Need to Do" for each Action Point in your personal Marine For Life Cycle.
Marines and family members interested in learning more should contact their local installation's transition office to be connected to a Transition Readiness staff member for further assistance.
Prior to attending the 5-day TRS, all transitioning Marines must complete the Pre-Work Webinar training located below. You will also need to receive the Title 10, Pre-Separation Counseling brief (not included in this webinar) and initialize the new DD Form 2648 eForm. For more information, contact your Unit Transition Coordinator and/or your installation Transition Readiness staff.
Transition Readiness Training
Please note that as of November 7, 2016, the DD Form 2648/-1 (Preseparation Counseling Checklist) and DD2958 (Individual Transition Plan Checklist) are obsolete and have been replaced by the DD Form 2648 eForm.
Please use this webinar to complete pre-work as instructed and contact your Unit Transition Coordinator or local Transition Readiness staff member for instructions on additional pre-work requirements to include Title 10 Pre-Separation counseling
initializing the new DD Form 2648 eForm