The Transition Readiness Program implements a comprehensive transition and employment assistance program for Marines and their families; the program emphasizes a proactive approach that will enable them to formulate effective post-transition employment, educational, and entrepreneurial goals.
- The Marine for Life Cycle approach allows transitioning Marines to meet Career Readiness Standards through career and educational exploration at the beginning of their military career and at various action points throughout. Marine for Life Cycle services include the "Your Readiness" MarineNet course; PRS, the first action point of the life cycle; and Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS), the final action point of the life cycle. Check out the "Things You Need to Know" and "Things You Need to Do" for each Action Point in your career.
- Personal Readiness Seminar (PRS) is a four hour mandatory training on personal and professional development programs and services, as well financial topics such as banking and financial services, savings and investments, living expenses, understanding debt, and service members' rights. Currently only offered aboard Marine Corps installations.
- The Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS) is a 5-day seminar, which provides transitioning Marines and their families with the resources and tools needed to reach their personal goals. The standardized core curriculum includes: Resilient Transitions, Military Occupation Specialty Crosswalk, Department of Labor Employment Workshop, Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits I and II Briefs, and Financial Planning.
- Career and Advising services on future post-transition employment, education, career technical, and entrepreneurship goals.
- Transition Readiness Training for Unit Transition Coordinators and Commanders. Visit the Transition Readiness Marine & Family Gear Locker for training materials such as the TRP and eForm. As this is a secure intranet portal, you must first register for access, which will take 1-2 business days to be granted.
The IGMC's Core List has been updated to include the Transition Readiness Program. Learn more here.
Check out the Marine For Life Cycle for "Things You Need to Know" and "Things You Need to Do" for each Action Point in your personal Marine For Life Cycle.
Marines and family members interested in learning more should contact their local installation's transition office to be connected to a Transition Readiness staff member for further assistance.
Prior to attending the 5-day TRS, all transitioning Marines must complete the Title 10, Pre-Separation Counseling brief and initialize the new DD Form 2648 eForm. Please contact your nearest Transition service provider to register for Pre-Separation Counseling.