Marines must apply for Marine Corps Tuition Assistance (TA) through WebTA (login required).
Only courses with the same start and end dates can be on the same application. Courses with different start/end dates require multiple applications to be submitted.
What are the procedures to use TA?
Every TA application MUST be Command Approved prior to being forwarded to the Voluntary Education Center for final approval.
What are the requirements for Command Approval?
Answers to each of these questions must be YES:
1. Has the Marine served on active duty or in the Marine Corps Reserve for 24 months?
2. Will the Marine serve on active duty through the last day of the course?
3. Has the Marine passed the most recent Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA) or received a waiver.
4. If applicable, has the Marine been recommended for promotion?
5. Has the Marine completed the MCI Personal Financial Management Course (Course ID 3420G)?
6. If the Marine is enlisted, does the Marine have an EAS date at least 60 days beyond the completion date of the requested class?
7. If the Marine is a Reserve component officer on active duty orders, does the Marine have an EAS date at least two years beyond the completion date of the requested class?
Answers to these must be NO:
8. Has the Marine received a NJP within 6 months?
9. Is the Marine NOT pending administrative separation?
10. Is the Marine pending administrative separation?
11. Is the Marine assigned to MOS school or residential or non-residential PME (e.g., Staff College, Corporal’s Course, Sergeants Course, or Career Course)?
If I meet the requirements does that mean my application is approved?
Command approval is not automatic. Please contact your command approver for status prior to the start of the class. The application must be approved prior to the start date of the class.
Following command approval, you will receive an email notification that your application has been sent to a Marine Corps Voluntary Education Center for final review and authorization.
Once the TA application is funded, the Marine will receive an email notification. As a reminder, TA applications MUST be authorized (funded) prior to the term start date.
The Marine MUST print their voucher and turn the voucher into the school accounting office to process the payment.