The School Liaison Program (SLP) focuses its efforts on making transitions for military school age children easier. Through connections with families, schools, commanders, community and installation programs, School Liaisons engage in a system of support on behalf of the military child.
- Offers resources for education related planning and preparation before a move.
- Connects families to community and installation resources.
- Educates schools, communities, and commanders on the unique challenges impacting military children.
- Offers families information about local school options, including home schooling.
- Supports the parents' understanding of federal, state, and local education policies impacting military children.
- Offers post-secondary preparation resources.
- Identifies education related matters that impact military children.
Moving can be challenging and stressful for a military family. Make your transition an easier one and contact your local School Liaison. Some of the many great resources you should expect from your School Liaisons are:
- Local school options, services, and programs.
- Enrollment and registration information.
- High school course and graduation requirements.
- School calendars.
- Transportation information.
- Military community and installation programs.
- School entrance age requirements.
School Liaison Program
Bldg 126, MCFTB House
Mon - Fri: 8am - 4:30pm
MCCS Quantico website