High Intensity Tactical Training (HITT) is a comprehensive strength and conditioning program that provides programming, facilities and education for active duty and reservist Marines. It focuses on physical resiliency and combat readiness. Phases of work out include pre-deployment, deployment, and post-deployment, or building your own workout templates, the Marine can fully develop and maintain their physical readiness and resiliency.
- HITT is endorsed by the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s (NSCA) - Tactical Strength and Conditioning (TSAC) Department.
- Offers 150 pre-designed workouts for any combat conditioning leader and fitness specialist.
- Comprehensive combat-specific strength and conditioning program that is essential to a Marine’s physical development, combat readiness and resiliency.
- Education of the program is delivered face to face via “Train the Trainer” courses at each installation (conducted by certified strength and conditioning specialists) and through Enlisted Professional Military Education courses (delivered by EPME Combat Fitness Specialist).
- 26 HITT spaces within Fitness Centers, 8 stand-alone HITT Centers and 106 HITT Lockers across installations are available for Marines to conduct the program with proper equipment.
- Supports Marines throughout their career with specific programming that is designed to improve performance of mission specific combat readiness balancing physical capacities to include strength, power, speed, agility and endurance while reducing the likelihood of injuries and over training syndromes.
- HITT “Train the Trainer” courses are delivered by HITT coordinators at each installation on a quarterly basis providing Marines proper education on the HITT methodology and programming so they can take the program back to their units and execute the programming.
- HITT Staff Training (Mixed Modality Courses) is provided by the Marine Corps on a biennial basis, enhancing coaching techniques and remaining relevant to the field of strength and conditioning.
Information regarding the program can be found at local Semper Fit and Recreation offices or installation Fitness Centers.
The HITT program is available online and via a mobile application providing Marines with a virtual resource to implement the program. The free mobile app can be downloaded to any mobile device by visiting the Apple App Store or Android Google Play and includes 450+ exercises with execution instruction. Installation staff provides elite level training and possess fitness certifications that meet industry standards.